Dates & opening hours: 16th - 19th September 2021, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm (last entrance: 7:30 pm)
Adress: Art_Inkubator at Fabryka Sztuki, ks. bp. Wincentego Tymienieckiego 3, Lodz
Curatorial guided tour in the exhibition space: September 16 / Thursday / 6:30 pm
Even in a well-thought-out and logical creative process, unforeseen events often occur, which, noticed by the artist, may be adopted as fresh and original solutions. They can influence the work by revolutionizing its entirety or discreetly modifying some aspect of it. Noticing and using this phenomenon seems to be important in times when you can hear many times that everything has already happened and in fact it is impossible to invent anything new in art. This was one of the reasons why actions such as admitting a case probably resulted in John Cage's work, controlled chaos in Jackson Pollock's painting or random solutions by Polish artist Ryszard Winiarski. Although these searches have permanently entered the pages of art history, we cannot, of course, talk about explored trends, but rather a timeless aspect related to creative activity in general. The constantly experimental approach and openness to unexpected results is a good feature of teaching at art academies or creativity in general.
The SYNTHESIS 2021 - Happy Accidents exhibition by definition does not gather artists who use chance as the primary goal of their creative searches. In most of the works shown, we will probably not even be able to find the factor that only their creators will know. Only they will know how and to what extent the so-called a twist of fate influenced the final shape of the work. Rather, the aim of the exhibition is to create an impulse for creative confrontation and discussion related to the main topic, and perhaps also a pretext to reveal personal secrets of the emergence of original creative solutions.
SYNTHESIS 2021, architecture, graphics, design is an international exhibition presenting student works and projects prepared by educators from many research centers in Poland and abroad, as well as invited guests.
Curators of exhibition SYNTEZA 2021 – Happy Accidents are:
- from Akademii Sztuki at Szczecin: Wydział Architektury Wnętrz (dr Dominika Zawojska-Kuriata, ad.; dr hab. Mirosława Jarmołowicz, prof. AS; dr Olga Kiedrowicz-Świtalska, ad.; mgr Andrzej Pestka), Wydział Grafiki (dr hab. Ireneusz Kuriata, prof. AS; dr Adam Klasa, ad.; mgr Tomasz Świtalski)
- from Uniwersytetu Artystycznego at Poznań: Wydział Architektury Wnętrz i Scenografii (dr Emilia Cieśla, ad.; dr Robert Gruszewski, ad.), Wydział Grafiki i Komunikacji Wizualnej (dr Agata Kulczyk, ad.; dr hab. Wojciech Janicki prof. UAP; dr Witold Modrzejewski, ad.)
- from Akademii Sztuk Pięknych at Kraków: Wydział Architektury Wnętrz (dr hab. Magdalena Pińczyńska, prof. ASP; dr Wojciech Kapela, ad.), Wydział Grafiki (dr Tomasz Winiarski, ad.; mgr Marlena Biczak)
- from Akademii Sztuk Pięknych at Łódź: Wydział Wzornictwa i Architektury Wnętrz (dr hab. inż. arch. Rafał Szrajber), Instytut Projektowania Graficznego (dr Karolina Grudzińska, ad.)
- from Polsko-Japońskiej Akademii Technik Komputerowych ar Warszawa: Wydział Sztuki Nowych Mediów (dr hab. Agnieszka Ziemiszewska, prof. PJATK)
- from Akademii Sztuk Pięknych at Warszawa: Wydział Grafiki (prof. dr hab. Lech Majewski; dr Marcin Władyka, ad.)
- from Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika at Toruń: dr hab. Nikodem Pręgowski, prof. UMK